Is it possible to create "network conneciton" on windows system?

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com`
Mon Jul 14 18:22:50 EDT 2008

Evan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> one of my PC is window system, and in "control panel -> Network
> Connections", I can see some network connections such as PPPOE or VPN
> which I created by click "create a new connection".
>
> My question is, is it possible to create a new connection by using
> Python script? which means I do not want to use Window UI (via
> "control panel"),  if it is possible, I can save so many time to
> create various network connection when I want to do testing in the
> lab.
>
> Thanks very much.
> Evan

It is very likely that it is possible to do this.  Most control panel
applications store the results of their GUI setup in the registry.  If you can
determine what registry keys have been added/changed.  Here is an open source
registry compare utility that might help:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot

You can then use the _winreg module to make such changes on a new machine.

HTH,
Larry