Python embedding question.

Thomas Troeger thomas.troeger.ext at siemens.com
Tue Jul 15 05:51:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry I've posted a similar question some weeks ago, but I got no
answers. I want to embed a Python application on a device with limited
resources, esp. storage limitations. Is there a way to reduce the Python
interpreter to a set of modules that's urgently needed? Or is there a
method to have gzipped modules that are unzipped on the fly into memory
when they're accessed? That would be even better.

Additionally, is there a Python module that contains all the stuff
needed for an embedded application like graphics, sound etc. or do I
have to use the various bindings to libraries like cairo, Qt or similar?
Is there a site that helps with those decisions?

I've really looked at a lot of places but haven't found a suitable
solutions yet, so I'm asking here in hope that someone has experience
with that topic.

Regards,
Thomas.