working pylint anyone?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Jul 31 05:29:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

until yesterday I was a happy user of pylint. Then I upgraded to ubuntu
hardy heron - and the trouble began.

The packaged version of pylint (0.13.2) fails with this error (last line):

logilab.common.configuration.UnsupportedAction: callback

The same error happens if I use

easy_install-2.5
http://release.ingeniweb.com/third-party-dist/logilab.installer-0.1.tgz

as found on the net. Using easy_install pylint misses logilab-common &
astng, installing these additionally (easy_install) creates two eggs - but
unfortunately, the don't actually create a namespace-package logilab,
instead either one of them is picked up depending on installation order.

Then I tried the source releases - no luck either, either they produce the
same error or something similar.

I tried looking into the MLs - the last posts are from around 2006, so I
refrained from actually subscribing.

So - anybody out here having an actually working pylint config and can tell
me what versions work together? I've become pretty dependend on it to be
honest...

Diez