Windows Interpreter

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Jul 29 09:40:03 EDT 2008

Victor Subervi wrote:
> def a():
>   chars = ['\\i0', '\\u0', '\\qc', '\\b0', '\\ql', '\\i', '\\u', '\\b',
> '\\yz']
>   rtf_markup = 'viewkind4\uc1\pard\nowidctlpar\qc\i\f0\fs36 Who is like
> the Beast? Who can wage war against him?\par'
>   for char in chars:
>     c = '(?<=' + char + ')'
>     test = re.search(c, rtf_markup)
>     try:
>       junk = test.group(0)
>       print char
>     except:
>       pass
>
> Now, I can paste that entire fn in linux. But in windows I have to paste
> it line_by_line. Pain in butt! And it indents automatically. How change
> that behavior.

Well, I'm not really sure what to say. I've just copied that
whole section with drag-mouse, Ctrl-C. I then opened a new
interpreter window (effectively, Start > Run > python) and
right-clicked over the window. At this point, the lines I
copied were copied in and the function accepted by the
interpreter.

I do have QuickEdit on by default in all by console windows,
but the only difference I expect that to make is that you'd
otherwise have to use the window's System Menu (Alt-Space,
Edit, Paste).

TJG