write unsigned integer 32 bits to socket

Mon Jul 28 08:45:38 EDT 2008

Alan Franzoni wrote:
> Michael Torrie was kind enough to say:
>
>> Of course any time you send coherent numbers over the network, I highly
>> recommend you use what's called network byte order....  I'm sure python
>> has some convention in the struct module for dealing with this.
>
> Not in the struct module; such functions are available in the socket
> module, and should be employed indeed.
Please don't pass this misinformation along.

In the struct module document, see the section on the initial character:
     Character Byte order Size and alignment
       @          native            native
       =          native           standard
       <       little-endian       standard