[Employment] New TurboGears Job in Eugene, OR

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Jul 1 09:14:04 EDT 2008

In article <elkg64p91psct3rb0dtqcmvqjkfgg0mi9c at 4ax.com>,
Tim Roberts  <timr at probo.com> wrote:
>aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
>>Paul McNett  <p at ulmcnett.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>They want an expert for a maximum of $25 per hour? If they find someone,
>>>it'll be a pretty good bullshitter looking for experience.
>>
>>Note that it's an "academic year" position -- lots and lots of vacation
>>time.  This would actually be a good job for e.g. a retired person who
>>doesn't need lots of money.  Also note that Eugene is not exactly an
>>area with a high cost of living.
>
>I take it you're not from Oregon.  Eugene is the second largest city.
>Prices are not quite up to the San Jose at its peak, but there are no
>bargains left in any of the urban sections of the state.  It's certainly
>far more expensive here than in the midwest or most of the south.

Depends where you look in the midwest, of course.  It's certainly cheaper
than Minneapolis or Chicago.  It's even cheaper than Cleveland or
Columbus.  It's cheaper than Atlanta.  So yeah, I stick by my comment.
It's all a matter of which perspective you're looking from.  ;-)

FYI, I'm pulling my info from
http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/layouthtmls/coll_metrodetail_58.html
which differs some from
http://www.eugenechamber.com/relo/facts_figures.htm