GUI Programming by hand not code with Python Code

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Tue Jul 8 16:09:36 EDT 2008

On 7 Jul, 04:33, jayjaygi... at hotmail.co.uk wrote:

> Is their a program that lets you design a GUI by hand (like gambas)
> not by code (like wxpython) but the commands are in python?
>
> A program similar to gambas or vb
>
> Gambas with python code instead of gambas code would be perfect.
>
> Thanks in advance

I use wxFormBuilder with wxPython. Works like a charm. Design the GUI
graphically, export it like a wx XML resource (.xrc). All you nedd to
code in Python is the event handlers and the code to bind/hook the
events.

http://sturlamolden.blogspot.com/2008/03/howto-using-wxformbuilder-with-wxpython.html

If you can accept a Windows only solution, you can use Microsoft's
IronPython with MS VisualStudio. It will be just like using VB, except
you are coding in Python. But remember that extension libraries to
CPython is generally not available for IronPython. Insted you must
rely more on .NET and COM/ActiveX objects.