win32com.client (Howto edit Contacts in Outlook)

Bill Davy Bill at SynectixLtd.com
Thu Jul 10 09:39:28 EDT 2008

"Tim Roberts" <timr at probo.com> wrote in message
news:h6k074119o4gomqlkju3mp7rj3i1bvha6j at 4ax.com...
> "Bill Davy" <Bill at SynectixLtd.com> wrote:
>>
>>I am trying to edit Contacts in Outlook.  This is so I can transfer
>>numbers
>>from my address book which is an Excel spreadsheet to my mobile phone.
>
> Are you actually running Outlook?  Your news posting was made from Outlook
> Express, and Outlook Express cannot be controlled by COM (although MAPI
> works).
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

I'm not sure OL2003 can read news.  I think perhaps some later OL can (added
tot he View menu, perhaps?).  So I use OL Express to read news.  The OL with
which I wish to communicate is:

Application name Outlook
Version 11.0
Build 8217
Product ID 70141-700-0350904-56905
Language English (United States)
Application Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\
System Language English (United Kingdom)
Mail Support Not Available
Current folder Inbox
Current item Not Available

Not sure why its says "Mail Support Not Available" as all I use it for is
email (oh, and the calendar).

Hey and ho
    Bill