Playing stereo wav files in Python

AM quarkthedark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:55:51 EDT 2008

-Hello all,

I am trying to play stereo wavefiles in python with no success. I can
play mono wavefiles, using either pygames mixer library, python's
winsound library or wxPython's wx.Sound library, but i cannot get
stereo wavefiles to play in any of these.  Normally i wouldn't care
and covert the files to mono, but the phase difference between the two
ears in important for this application. Does anyone know of a way that
i have missed? I am using a LynxONE soundcard if that is important.

-AM