Python Written in C?

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 20 21:18:01 EDT 2008

Giveitawhril wrote...

> REAL WORLD programmers who want to be generally useful go
> and learn C#.

No: Real programmers first eat a quiche and then return to their Pascal
programming.

> But the SOURCE is some old, high level language which no one wants to
> use anymore!

C is alive and kicking. Every language has its place.
Plus, there exists implementations of Python written in Python itself;
see PyPy: http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/home.html

> Just noting that, if it is written in C, that throws a curve at me
> in trying to balance the value of learning Python vs. some other
> major language.

Many major text/word processing programs (Emacs, vi, MS-Word) are also
written in C. Does that mean you should do all your text processing in C?

Greetings,

--
"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across