like py2exe, but on a mac

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 18:39:38 EDT 2008

Hi All

I am wondering what I can do to turn a python app (.py) into a mac OSX
applicaiton (.app). Just like py2exe does. But I am also wondering since in
your applications folder on macs it usually doesn't have an actual folder
for each app. Rather an icon. so for firefox, you just see the icon. Unlike
windows where you have a folder with everything, and the actual program is
in it. where is all the application info stored? just in the .app? Finally
whether or not there is an app like py2exe for mac, is there a way to skip
the middle man and turn it straight into a .dmg with the app inside?