Python embedding question.

Jan Claeys usenet at janc.be
Tue Jul 15 15:07:38 EDT 2008

Op Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:51:47 +0200, schreef Thomas Troeger:

> I want to embed a Python application on a device with limited
> resources, esp. storage limitations. Is there a way to reduce the Python
> interpreter to a set of modules that's urgently needed?

You might want to have a look at how the OpenWRT people do it.

In general: have a look at embeded linux projects, several of them have
python packages...  ;-)

> Additionally, is there a Python module that contains all the stuff
> needed for an embedded application like graphics, sound etc. or do I
> have to use the various bindings to libraries like cairo, Qt or similar?

I'd say that PyGame could be a solution.

Or otherwise you could do your own audio/graphics programming (you don't
tell us which OS you use, but there exist python modules that allow you
to do barebones graphics & sound programming on linux...).

--
JanC