handling unexpected exceptions in pdb

Simon Bierbaum bierbaum at vierfalt.com
Thu Jul 10 10:21:25 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm in an interactive session in pdb, debugging my code using
pdb.runcall. Somewhere, an exception is raised and lands uncaught on
stdout. Is there any way of picking up this exception and at least
read the full message, or even accessing its stack trace to determine
where exactly within the one line I just executed it was raised? This
is where I'm stuck:

 > /usr/local/apache2/bin/Model/Database.py(287)disconnect()
(Pdb) n
FlushError: FlushErr...perly.",)
 > /usr/local/apache2/bin/Model/Database.py(287)disconnect()
(Pdb) import sys
(Pdb) sys.last_traceback
*** AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'last_traceback'

Thanks, Simon