Unit Testing Techniques

Casey McGinty casey.mcginty at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:18:41 EDT 2008

I'm familiar with the unittest module in Python, however I'm hoping someone
can point me to some examples of more advanced usages of the framework. For
example:

1. Using the framework to test a package with nested sub-packages and
modules without having to hard code the location/name of each test module.
2. Testing class/methods that depend on file system directory structures,
file data, or values read from system hardware.
3. Testing class/methods that require simulating functionality from imported
modules.
4. Testing graphical interfaces and associated signal callback functions.

Thank you.