printing dots in simple program while waiting

John john.m.roach at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:07:48 EST 2008

On Jan 9, 11:56 am, Martin Marcher <mar... at marcher.name> wrote:
> John wrote:
> > import time
> > s = '.'
> > print 'working', # Note the "," at the end of the line
> > while True:
> >     print s
> >     time.sleep(1)
>
> see my comment in the code above...
>
> if that's what you mean
>
> /martin
>
> --http://noneisyours.marcher.namehttp://feeds.feedburner.com/NoneIsYours
>
> You are not free to read this message,
> by doing so, you have violated my licence
> and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.

Thanks for the input Martin, but I already tried that.  If you put a
comma on that line it successfully prints the first '.' on the same
line, but the rest below.  Like:

working .
.
.
.

I want:

working......

I have tried the comma thing on the "print s" line ("print s,"), but
then it doesn't print anything at all...