PYS file

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Jan 28 16:35:52 EST 2008

Gabriel Genellina schrieb:
> On 28 ene, 13:05, azrael <jura.gro... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A I Understood correctly, pyc files are compiled py scripts. Is it
>> possible to decomplite them.
>> I guess it's possible, but how hard is it.
>
> You want to get back the Python source? Look for the "decompyle"
> package. The last published release works for version 2.3; there is a
> paid service for newer versions (you send the .pyc, they give back
> the .py)
>
> At least you may use the dis module to disassemble the compiled .pyc
> into the correspoding VM instructions - if you are happy reading
> that...

 From other posts of the OP I'd rather think that he's after
copy/IP-protection.

So the answer is: if your code contains algorithms worth stealing (which
in 99.99% isn't the case, objectively) or the program as whole is worth
being hacked because of public interest combined with high prices (SPSS,
photoshop), IT WILL BE. Even if it has been under-water-mouth-coded in
assembler.

Diez