I'm searching for Python style guidelines

Martin Vilcans martin at librador.com
Tue Jan 8 12:35:31 EST 2008

On 1/7/08, Guilherme Polo <ggpolo at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/7, MartinRinehart at gmail.com <MartinRinehart at gmail.com>:
> > Anything written somewhere that's thorough? Any code body that should
> > serve as a reference?
>
> PEP 8
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

The problem with PEP 8 is that even code in the standard libraries
doesn't follow the recommendations regarding the naming of functions
for example. The recommendation is to_separate_words_with_underscore,
but some code uses lowerCamelCase instead.

I tended to dislike the underscore convention, but after forcing
myself to use it for a while I'm starting to appreciate its beauty.

martin at librador.com
http://www.librador.com