Generational Interfaces

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jan 26 05:02:31 EST 2008

I think they can be called "soft interfaces" or "heuristic
interfaces", it's an example of machine learning. I think it's not
easy to apply such idea to a statically typed language, but probably
it can be done on Java. I presume in the future GUI will learn more
about the usage patterns of their users, data structures of long-
running programs will adapt to their average usage in each specific
point of the program, and maybe class interfaces too will become
smarter, as you say :-)
I think your idea can be implemented in Python too, so you just have
to try to use it in some project of yours developed with some Agile
programming style, so you can tell us if it's nice to use :-)

Bye,
bearophile