Persistent HTTP Connections with Python?

Ivan Novick ivan at 0x4849.net
Thu Jan 10 23:45:31 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 10:46 am, Scott Sharkey <sshar... at linuxunlimited.com>
wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to write a python script to talk to an xml-based stock feed
> service.  They are telling me that I must connect and login, and then
> "issue refresh requests" to fetch the data.  This sounds a lot (to me)
> like HTTP 1.1 persistent connections.  Can I do that with the urllib
> functions, or do I need to use the httplib functions for this kind of
> work.  Pointers and/or sample code would be much appreciated.

Your questions leaves out all important details like the exact nature
of the API being provided.  I highly doubt HTTP persistent connections
has anything to do with what you will need to connect to there
service.

Services like this normally come with example code, i recommend you
get access to that.

Regards,
Ivan Novick
http://www.0x4849.net