"Canonical" way of deleting elements from lists

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jan 9 08:00:51 EST 2008

Robert Latest  <boblatest at yahoo.com> wrote:
> BTW, where can I find all methods of the built-in types?
>Section 3.6 only talks about strings and mentions the list append() method
>only in an example. Am I too stupid to read the manual, or is this an
>omission?

3.6 talks about features common to all "sequence" types. Strings
are discussed specifically in 3.6.1 ("String Methods"). Lists are
similarly discussed in 3.6.4 ("Mutable Sequence Types"). They are
certainly not omitted, although maybe the title of 3.6.4 could be
take a leaf from the Zen and be more explicit.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke