Python too slow?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:00:55 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 12:04 pm, "dongie.ag... at gmail.com" <dongie.ag... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> For the most part, I agree with you, which is why I chose Python in
> the first place.  I like quick development.  Unfortunately, this is
> one of those cases where execution time is a factor.  Who knows, maybe
> someone who's done camera vision with Python will come in and say it's
> just the algorithm in the example that needs work (I'm crossing my
> fingers that that's the case).

It would probably be worth reposting your question with a different
subject line. Something along the lines of "Image/Video processing
performance in Python", and explaining what you actually want to
achieve. "Python too slow?" doesn't give enough information - clearly
Python is fast enough for many many tasks, since it is so widely used.
It also sounds like a troll - so many people who would actually be
able to assist you (such as the PIL, pygame and numpy/scipy
communities) may have ignored this thread.

Cheers,

--
Ant.