working with a subversion repo

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Thu Jan 17 13:27:12 EST 2008

-On [20080117 19:04], Luke (Luke.Visinoni at gmail.com) wrote:
>Does that mean that libsvn and svn are not modules? If they are modules,
>where can I find documentation for them? What do they do?

They are modules, but not part of a standard install.

Subversions uses a program called SWIG to generate APIs for various languages
(perl, python, ruby for example). The libsvn/svn modules you see in
site-packages are generated from Subversion's API by SWIG. So you need to
install, for most operating systems, the Subversion-Python package in order to
get these modules.

I am sure the Subversion project has adequate documentation on this on their
website. Just look for documentation on their (SWIG) bindings.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
I was searching through the Heavens and somehow I slipped...