python syntax

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Jan 7 11:23:42 EST 2008

mpho raborife wrote:

> Please help me get this syntax right:
>
> os.system("HCopy -T 1 -C" 'os.path.join(conf_dir,  "/hcopy.conf")' "-S"
> 'os.path.join(list_dir, "hcopy_list.txt")')

instead of attempting to get your program working by random trial and
error process, maybe you should spend an hour or two working through the
examples in a nice tutorial?  I'd recommend the first few chapters of
Swaroop's "A Byte of Python".  Make sure you read at least "Basics" and
"Operators and Expressions" before returning to the task at hand:

     http://www.ibiblio.org/swaroopch/byteofpython/read/

</F>