whats wrong with this

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Jan 7 03:06:21 EST 2008

mpho raborife wrote:

> I'm trying to rum gmmtrain within my pthon program like this:
>
>  Input -l List -t inittype -e traintype
> -m mixture -d dimension -v vfloor -n number -p percent -r results -c cycle)
>
> But i keep on getting an error.

it helps if you include the actual error message in your post, so we
don't have to guess.

the line you quoted should give you a "SyntaxError: invalid syntax"
message; the "os.system" call takes a Python string object, so the
correct syntax is:

     os.system("gmmtrain -o output -i /etc.../")

if that doesn't help, please post the *entire* traceback; also see:

http://effbot.org/pyfaq/tutor-i-need-help-im-getting-an-error-in-my-program-what-should-i-do.htm

</F>