Python's great, in a word

Dustan DustanGroups at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 08:25:50 EST 2008

On Jan 7, 7:09 am, MartinRineh... at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm a Java guy who's been doing Python for a month now and I'm
> convinced that
>
> 1) a multi-paradigm language is inherently better than a mono-paradigm
> language
>
> 2) Python writes like a talented figure skater skates.
>
> Would you Python old-timers try to agree on a word or two that
> completes:
>
> The best thing about Python is _______.
>
> Please, no laundry lists, just a word or two. I'm thinking "fluid" or
> "grace" but I'm not sure I've done enough to choose.

Here's a modest list:

Masterly, tops, best obtainable, high-grade, very good, select,
outstanding, exemplary, top-notch, boss, first-rate, crack, smashing,
excelling, prime, skilled, crackerjack, sublime, super, terrific,
peerless, notable, paramount, divine, premium, hand-picked, estimable,
admirable, prize, choice, competent, desirable, attractive, foremost,
to be desired, A-one, top-flight, dandy, incomparable, grade A,
capital, great, dynamite, heavenly, unique, refined, matchless, high-
quality, well-done, A-OK, blue-chip, frontline, sensational, highest,
jim-dandy, splendid, extraordinary, exquisite, superlative, worthy,
masterful, distinguished, magnificent, tiptop, accomplished, all
right, first, first-class, fine, very fine, ace-high, exceptional,
sharp, supreme, marvelous, transcendent, praiseworthy, custom-made,
remarkable, world-class, invaluable, groovy, champion, rare, best,
wonderful, superb, choicest, enticing, top, superfine, commendable,
skillful, neat, striking, distinctive, priceless, sterling, superior,
cool, classy, finest, hot, keen, above par.