translating Python to Assembler

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Wed Jan 23 08:02:39 EST 2008

over at thepond.com wrote:

> My expertise, if any, is in assembler. I'm trying to understand
> Python scripts and modules by examining them after they have been
> disassembled in a Windows environment.

IMHO, that approach doesn't make sense to understand scripts or
modules (except if you have some  kind of super brain -- because
Python is _very_ high level). It only does if you want to
understand the Python compiler/interpreter you use.

For compilers that output machine code directly this *may* make
sense (but for more complex programs it will become very
difficult).

If you'd like to get a "low level" look into how things are done in
Python, try the dis module. Using dis.dis, you can look at
disassembled Python byte code.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #251:

Processes running slowly due to weak power supply