*SPAM*: 06.2/6.0 - Re: Manually installing PIL

j igisbert.etra-id jigisbert.etra-id at grupoetra.com
Sun Jan 13 14:08:44 EST 2008

Dear Fredik,

I have tried to copy PIL folder into my application folder. I am using
Tkinter also, and when I want to put an image as label I do:
   photo1 = Image.open(r"Myimage.gif")
   photo = ImageTk.PhotoImage(photo1)
   llogo =Label(root, image=photo,bg="white",height=60)

And I receive an error message, telling me that imaging C library is not
installed. As I have read, PIL is composed of PIL library and a PIL binary
module called  _imaging.pyd or _imaging.so or something like this. I have
download Imaging-1.1.6 source code, and I found PIL folder, but not binary
file. If I download windows exe installer, it works great, but I want to
install manually for installing it on my PDA.... SOS :-S :-(

Best Regards,
Naxo