Designing website

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Thu Jan 24 12:48:42 EST 2008

joe jacob a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I am planning to design a website using windows, apache, mysql,
> python. But I came to know that python cgi is very slow.

The problem here is not with Python, but with how cgi works - that is,
by launching a new process for each request. Trying to write Java cgi
would be even worse FWIW !-)

> I came across
> mod_python also but no good documentation are available for learning
> mod_python.

Err... mod_python is actually well documented IMHO - but suppose you
already have some good knowledge of web programming and Apache.

> Suggest me a good solution for this as I don't know other
> languages like PHP; I prefer python.

If you're new to web programming and look for a good doc and a strong
community, I'd suggest Django. If you're feeling a bit more lucky, you
might have a look at Pylons.