Does PIL work with Tk 8.5?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jan 7 18:06:28 EST 2008

> Since Python itself is the same version number (2.5.1), the only thing I
> can find to account for the crash is the different version of Tk--could
> this be making a difference, or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, Tk 8.5 isn't quite compatible with existing Tkinter code; there
have been a lot of changes which break Tkinter applications (though not
Tkinter itself).

OTOH, it's more likely that the PIL binaries you are using conflict with
your Tk installation - if the binaries were for Tk 8.4 (which isn't
quite clear to me whether that's indeed the case), then they can't work
with Tk 8.5, as Tk doesn't provide that kind of binary compatibility.

Regards,
Martin