Design question - Sharing of single object by multiple processes

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 31 19:15:00 EST 2008

Mike D wrote:
> Steve,
>
> You raise some very good (and obvious) issues I did'nt consider. I'll
> look further into this sort of implementation as I'm quite interested.
>
> I suppose a compromise could be to load the objects from a pickle, that
> may have issues in terms of updating the pickle perhaps, though it would
> be much safer.
>
> I'll continue to investigate, thanks for your input.

No problem - I've had a long time to think about these things. You might
also want to investigate the ConfigParser module, or Michael Foord's
ConfigObj. In practice it would have to be a pretty complex
configuration to make it worth pre-compiling it.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119