validate string is valid maths

Remco Gerlich remco at gerlich.nl
Mon Jan 28 12:22:24 EST 2008

Hi,

It seems that for every group of 2 or more +-/* signs, one of the following
holds:

- The group starts with '-', everything after it should be dropped,
otherwise
- The second character is '-', everything after it should be dropped,
otherwise
- Drop everything after the first.

That should turn into one short regex. Did I miss something?

Remco