Problem reading csv files

gsal salgerman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:44:33 EST 2008

Well, I don't know much python, yet, but I know a csv file when I see
one...and an Excel files in not a csv file.

As far as I know, an Excel file is stored probably in binary and in a
propriatery format...I doubt very much csv.reader would read that just
like that; then again, I know nothing about cvs.reader.

A csv file is a comma-separated-file and it is plain text file that
humans can read with a simple editor...

I think I would skip that part where you make OpenOffice store the
file in Excel format and simply save it to plain text.

Hope this helps.

gsal