wxpython

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:15:15 EST 2008

On Jan 24, 5:37 am, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> [... snip stuff from TJG ...]
>
> joe jacob wrote:
> > Thanks for the information. I'll try to manage it some how.
>
> If you haven't already, try posting to a wxPython or wxWidgets
> mailing list; maybe someone's already done this kind of thing?
>
> TJG

I'm not able to think of anything offhand that's in wxPython, but I
seem to recall someone trying to display a language even if the
language wasn't installed on the PC. The OP might find the
internationalization techniques useful for this application.

Here's some wiki entries on that topic:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/RecipesI18n
http://wiki.wxpython.org/Internationalization

The newest version of wxPython comes with Editra, which is a fairly
advanced text editor written with wxPython. It won't open exes or
pictures, but most files that are in plain text it opens with no
problem. Editra has its own site: http://editra.org/