Python Genetic Algorithm

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Mon Jan 28 07:23:54 EST 2008

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> I'm not sure I'm following you here. So a "chromosome" is bit of
>> functionality, right? So basically it is a function. So my advice would
>> be to write these functions and store it to the "indivuals"-list like
>> so:
>
> No, a chromosome is a bit of *data*: a noun, not a verb. Read these bits
> again:
>
> "Individuals HAVE what's called a chromosome - a SPECIFICATION of what it
> contains. For example, common chromosomes are BIT STRINGS, ..."

Oh, OK. I *sort of* got this. Sort of. My reasoning was that these
functions would return their associated "representation" upon being
called. Which makes not much sense, especially after your explanation.

> Some background which may help you understand what the OP is asking for.
>
> [snip little GA-intro]

Thanks Steven, that sure was useful. I think I now have a new toy
hammer. I'm sure I'll see myself looking for toy nails everywhere over
the next few weeks.

:)
/W