encrypting python modules

Robert Latest boblatest at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 06:33:34 EST 2008

Paul Sijben wrote:

>> You could check the MD5 hashes of your files.
>
> indeed but I still need to hook into import to do that reliably, right?

Depends. In a job I once had I just supplied a shell script that spat out
the MD5 sums of my sources. When I got a support request I had the customer
run the script and email the result to me so I could check if anything had
changed. (A malicious person could of course have stored the good MD5 sums,
then done his changes, and then made his request, sending me the old sums.)
If your customer is cooperative and trustworthy, this is a good way to find
stupid mistakes. If he ain't, drop him ;-)

robert