HTML parsing confusion

Alnilam alnilam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:44:45 EST 2008

> Pardon me, but the standard issue Python 2.n (for n in range(5, 2,
> -1)) doesn't have an xml.dom.ext ... you must have the mega-monstrous
> 200-modules PyXML package installed. And you don't want the 75Kb
> BeautifulSoup?

I wasn't aware that I had PyXML installed, and can't find a reference
to having it installed in pydocs. And that highlights the problem I
have at the moment with using other modules. I move from computer to
computer regularly, and while all have a recent copy of Python, each
has different (or no) extra modules, and I don't always have the
luxury of downloading extras. That being said, if there's a simple way
of doing it with BeautifulSoup, please show me an example. Maybe I can
figure out a way to carry the extra modules I need around with me.