Python printing!

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Jan 23 11:42:45 EST 2008

SMALLp wrote:
> Hy. How to use printer in python. I goggled little i I found only some
> win32 package which doesn't look processing for cross platform
> application. (I'm using USB printer and I tried to f=open("dev/...") usb
> port but  i couldn't fond where printer is!

You perhaps want to look at something like wxPython where
someone's already done the dirty work for you:

   http://wiki.wxpython.org/Printing

I assume other x-platform toolkits like Qt have similar
facilities. Python itself is a bit lower-level than that
and as far as I know no-one's put together a x-platform
printing module, so you could be the first.

TJG