module naming conventions

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 14 23:15:10 EST 2008

grackle <davidhuebel at gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 14, 6:28 pm, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-s... at benfinney.id.au>
> wrote:
> > Release your package as free software on the Cheeseshop
> > <URL:http://cheeseshop.python.org/>. If the name you want is
> > already taken, pick one that will help users distinguish yours
> > from the existing one.
>
> Unfortunately, my company thinks it's their software and not mine :-)

That's fine. Companies can release (and sell!) freely-licensed
software too, and many of them do so. You, as someone who works there
and is presumably responsible for this package, have leverage more
than anyone else in this discussion to make it happen.

--
 \        "I spent a lot of money on wine and women, and like a fool I |
  `\                              squandered the rest."  -- Benny Hill |