piping into a python script

Donn Ingle donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:02:55 EST 2008

> Try the fileinput module.
I did give the fileinput module a go, but I can't find much info on it and
the help is ... well, it's python help ;)

> in goes to its stdin where it is processed if it has an argument of -
> fileinput works that way
Okay, I did think of the dash, but did not know how to handle it. Is it a
bash thing or will that dash get passed into the args? (I am using getopt
to parse the options and args)

> which would work for ls and a python program using the fileinput
> module.
Any examples of fileinput (that do not open each file) would be great!
(I'll go searching now anyway)

Thanks,
\d