translating Python to Assembler

over at thepond.com over at thepond.com
Tue Jan 22 17:24:24 EST 2008

My expertise, if any, is in assembler. I'm trying to understand Python
scripts and modules by examining them after they have been
disassembled in a Windows environment.

I'm wondering if a Python symbols file is available. In the Windows
environment, a symbol file normally has a PDB extension. It's a little
unfortunate that Python also uses PDB for its debugger. Google, for
whatever reason, wont accept queries with dots, hyphens, etc., in the
query line. For example a Google for "python.pdb" returns +python
+pdb, so I get a ridiculous number of returns referring to the python
debugger. I have mentioned this to Google several times, but I guess
logic isn't one of their strong points.  :-)