Beginners question about debugging (import)

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 22 12:49:51 EST 2008

I'm starting with Python. First with some interactive things,
working through the tutorial,
then with definitions in a file called sudoku.py.
Of course I make lots of mistakes, so I have to include that file
time and again.

I discovered (the hard way) that the second time you invoke
    from sudoku.py import *
nothing happens.

There is reload. But it only seems to work with
    import sudoku

Now I find myself typing ``sudoku.'' all the time:

    x=sudoku.sudoku()
    y=sudoku.create_set_of_sets()
    sudoku.symbols

Is there a more convenient way?

(This is a howto question, rather difficult to get answered
from the documentation.)

Groetjes Albert

~

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst