ZSI and .NET

Joseph Bernhardt joe at incomps.com
Tue Jan 8 15:02:40 EST 2008

I am successfully using ZSI to create a web service for our internal use.  A
request containing a username and password will respond with user
information.

Sample Request:

<GetUserInformation>

    <UserRequest>

        <Username>Jough</Username>

        <Password>joughspassword</Password>

    </UserRequest>

</GetUserInformation>

Response for Sample Request:

<GetUserInformationResponse>

   <CriticalEmail xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
id="ob7c7c8c0" xsi:type="xsd:string">my at email.com</CriticalEmail>

   <UserId xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
id="o9ed5f5c" xsi:type="xsd:int">28</UserId>

   <Email xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
id="ob7cb4e30" xsi:type="xsd:string">my at otheremail.com</Email>

</GetUserInformationResponse>

Unfortunately, when I try to complete the request via C#, an exception will
be thrown when the response is deserialized:

{"The specified type was not recognized: name='string',
namespace='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema', at <CriticalEmail xmlns=''>."}

I realize that my problem is mainly .NET based, but since it has to do with
datatypes I thought someone from here may be able to help me.

The python code is a simple CGI dispatched function.  Let me know if you
need to see it, or the wsdl.

Thanks!

Jough