Bittorent client with google talk interface

Astan Chee stanc at al.com.au
Sun Jan 20 21:14:41 EST 2008

Hi,
I dont know where to send this but I'll try here. I recently took the
newest version of ABCTorrent and its code and added some features to it
that I find very useful. Basically it is like a webUI except it connect
to google's google talk and you can issue commands from it. Kinda like a
command line bittorrent client. So when you start up the client, you can
enter your google talk account information and using another google talk
account (from somewhere else) send commands (system and torrent
related). I've also added some proxy support for it since Im constantly
behind proxies (but not at work or school). I use windows XP and
wxPython 2.6.3.3 <http://2.6.3.3> and python 2.5 so I dont know how it
will behave in newer versions of things. There are also new modules that
it requires (win32api) for file operations that you might need before
compiling this. The main script to run this all is the abc.py script.
Also I havent done much brushing up with the GUI so it wont look like
the fastest ship around. Any suggestions or changes for further improvement?
Also for anyone who is developing or has used this before and tinkered
with it Im pretty sure Im doing something wrong calling the interface
from the code because it (wx) sporadically crashes; Im not sure what to
do since I dont know how to call it properly. Does anyone have any idea?

Cheers
Astan

The file can be downloaded here:
http://gtalktorrent.googlecode.com/files/3.1.0.zip