XML+Logs to Latex. XSLT?

Florencio Cano florencio.cano at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:32:18 EST 2008

2008/1/10, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com>:
> Florencio Cano wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking about implementing a script in Python to do this task. I
> > have a XML log and logs from other programs. My aim is to do a report
> > about all this information. I'm thinking in using Python to transform
> > the plain logs to XML and combine them with the XML document I have
> > and later use some kind of XSLT to transform the whole XML document to
> > Latex. What do you think about that? I have not worked with XSLT
> > before and I don't know if this would be a correct use.
> > How will you do the job?
>
> why not do it all in Python?

Yes. For sure. I though XSLT was something like XML not other
"language" and that Python will have any library that uses XSLT to do
transformation...but, what you suggest is:

- First process the XML document with Python (sax?) and do the first
Latex document.
- Second process each log with Python and insert the information in
the Latex document created in first step.

Do you think this approach is the best? Fastest, clearest, more
maintenable? Is this the way you will do it? It seems good for me but
I would like to do this properly.

--
Florencio Cano Gabarda