Problems getting Python scripts to run on server

Yansky thegooddale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:41:17 EST 2008

Hi, I'm having a lot of problems getting any Python scripts to run on
my website. I have put them in the cgi-bin directory and chmodded both
the directory and files to 755. But when I try to access the script, I
get a 404 error: http://forboden.com/cgi-bin/wp.py

I also tried running them from another directory and giving the
directory its own .htaccess file containing:
Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .py

but again, they still wouldn't run.

The odd thing is, its not that they don't run per se, but that I get a
404 error. When I tried the scripts in the other folder (the non cgi-
bin folder), before I added a .htaccess file, I tried the scripts and
sure enough it displayed the file source code. But when I added
the .htaccess file, I got a 404 file not found error.

I emailed my hosting company and they said:
"Python is currently installed on the server and is running without
any issues. The URL you have provided is not showing any errors on the
server. I would advise checking over your scripting to ensure that the
issue isn't there."

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong?