Hebrew in idle ans eclipse (Windows)

iu2 israelu at elbit.co.il
Thu Jan 17 03:00:37 EST 2008

On Jan 17, 6:59 am, "Martin v. Löwis" <mar... at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > What do I need to do run my app like IDLE does?
>
> Can you please show the fragment of your program that prints
> these strings?
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Hi,
I use pymssql to get the data from a database, just like this (this is
from the pymssql doc):

import pymssql

con =
pymssql.connect(host='192.168.13.122',user='sa',password='',database='tempdb')
cur = con.cursor()
cur.execute('select firstname, lastname from [users]')
lines = cur.fetchall()

print lines

or

print lines[0]

'lines' is a list containing tuples of 2 values, for firstname and
lastname. The names are Hebrew and their code looks different when I'm
runnig it from IDLE than when running it from Windows shell or
eclipse, as I described in my first post.

Important: This doesn't happer when I read text from a file containing
Hebrew text. In that case both IDLE and eclipse give the same reulst
(the hebrew word itself is printed to the console)