translating Python to Assembler

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun Jan 27 11:19:06 EST 2008

On 2008-01-27, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <bj_666 at gmx.net> wrote:

>> I'm starting to wonder if it is possible for somebody to be
>> simultaneously so self-assured and so ignorant, or if we're
>> being trolled.
>
> I recently learned that this is called the Dunning-Kruger effect:
>
>   The Dunning-Kruger effect is the phenomenon wherein people who have
>   little knowledge think that they know more than others who have much
>   more knowledge.
>
>   [?]
>
>   The phenomenon was demonstrated in a series of experiments performed by
>   Justin Kruger and David Dunning, then both of Cornell University. Their
>   results were published in the Journal of Personality and Social
>   Psychology in December 1999.

I remember reading that paper about a year ago and it sure
seemd to explain the behavior of a number of people I've known.
Not only is it possible to be simultaneously self-assured and
ignorant, that appears to be the normal way that the human mind
works.

... must restist ... urge... to mention... Bush...

Damn.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  You can't hurt
                                  at               me!! I have an ASSUMABLE