Extending the readline module?

Casey Rodarmor casey at rodarmor.com
Thu Jan 17 02:50:25 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a little curses-mode utility for renaming files using regexes,
and I want to use GNU readline to get user input. However, it looks like the
readline module doesn't support all of readline's functionality. I've looked
around, and it looks like the best thing to do would be to try to extend the
readline module myself to expose the functions I need. I'm exited to try to
tackle the project, and it would be nice to get in touch with the maintainer
of the module, so that I can get some advice and maybe try to get my
additions included in the main branch.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

Best regards,
Casey Rodarmor