Email module, how to add header to the top of an email?

Karlheinz Klingbeil karlheinz.klingbeil at gmx.net
Fri Jan 25 08:04:18 EST 2008

Am 25.01.2008, 06:21 Uhr, schrieb David Erickson <halcyon1981 at gmail.com>:

> Bottom of the headers... but I am looking to insert at the top, and re-
> ordering/inserting does matter depending on what type of header you
> are, received headers for example must be inserted at the top of the
> header list so you can watch the progression of the email.  I was
> unable to find a clean way to do this via the API which seems very
> strange to me.. but perhaps I am just missing something?

I think your are really missing something. First, Email-headers are
unordered
and every relay can, and probably will,  rearrange them, add or delete
headers.
You therefore most definitely should not add any headers which are
position-dependent.
If you want to track mails somehow, add headers with timestamps.
This way you can watch the progression of an email without being
dependend on "sorted" headerlines.

--
Greetz, lunqual  - http://www.lunqual.de
http://www.42pixels.de - Bilder