Bug in __init__?

Bart Ogryczak B.Ogryczak at addr.in.reply-to.invalid
Sun Jan 20 12:07:17 EST 2008

On 2008-01-20, citizen Arnaud Delobelle testified:
> On Jan 20, 3:39 pm, Bart Ogryczak <B.Ogryc... at addr.in.reply-
> to.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2008-01-18, citizen Zbigniew Braniecki testified:
>>
>> > It's really a nice pitfall, I can hardly imagine anyone expecting this,
>>
>> AFAIR, it's described in Diving Into Python.
>
> Still there seems to be about one message a week about this.  Indeed I
> reckon the greatest benefit of early binding of default function
> arguments is that it attracts lots of new people to comp.lang.python.

Generally there's lot of confusion about assigments of objects.
I guess, there are lot of ppl, who started with languages like PHP,
where $a = $b, translates to Python's a = copy(b).

>> It's quiet elegant way of creating cache.
>
> IMHO, calling it 'elegant' is pushing it too far!

Ok, maybe that's not a good choice of word.
Not elegant, minimalist.

bart
--
"The first version of iBook looked a bit too much like toilet seat" (c)Newsweek
http://candajon.azorragarse.info/ http://azorragarse.candajon.info/